We’re delighted to welcome you to our brand spanking new website!
We’re Bootleg Boogie Band, a vintage swing band providing wedding entertainment across the UK and beyond!
I suppose you may be forgiven for asking, though - what on earth is a vintage swing wedding band? Well we play proper, old school vintage swing from the very best decades of jazz and blues - we even throw in a few contemporary tunes too! Check out our promo video for a bit more of a vibe on what we’re all about…
I can still hear you asking however, is how do you tell a truly authentic swing act from your ten-a-penny imposters? Well, firstly, you aska lot of questions. But you're right.
There’s a few important rules you have to follow to consider yourself a genuine vintage swing wedding band. Let me give you quick run down.
- You need to like hats. We wear a lot of hats.
- We travel everywhere via 1922 Model T Ford, so patience is a virtue. And nerves of steel to operate a ninety-four year old gear box on the M4 in rush hour.
- Booze was famously illegal during the hey day of vintage swing, so we exclusively drink gin that has been distilled in a bathtub.
- You need a decent umbrella as the old Model T Ford doesn’t techincally have a roof. Or windows. Scarf and gloves for autumn and winter gigs recommended.
- Switchblade fights are common amongst the band. Luckily, none of us know how to operate a switchblade, so they tend to peter out quite quickly.
- Did I mention the thing about the hats?
That’s pretty much it, actually.
We’ll be spending the summer playing shows upend down the country as the jazz wedding band of choice for happy couples far and wide.
Hopefully we’ll see you out there!